Tuesday, April 15, 2014

One Year Later - Remembering In Song: "I Don't Have A Song For That" by Ben Johnston and Jordan Lucero




I am about to head to the Hynes Auditorium, a few yards from the Boston Marathon Finish Line to participate in a Memorial Service on the first anniversary of the Marathon Bombings.

As I run out the door, I want to share a video that was just released on YouTube.  "I Don't Have a Song For That," was inspired by the events around the Marathon bombings.  Ben Johnston and Jordan Lucero co-wrote this piece, and Evan Chapman arranged the orchestration

I have come to know and respect Ben Johnston, a 2006 graduate of West Point, Army veteran and current student at Berklee College of Music.

Let this moving song and its meaning wash over you, and remember those who are gone and those who have survived.

Boston Strong!

YouTube video of "I Don't Have A Song For That" by Ben Johnston and Joran Lucero

Share this song broadly among those you know would appreciate its spirit and its message.

Al

No comments: