Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Counting My Blessings – A Thanksgiving Greeting

Bing Crosby sang a song (I think he may also have written the song) that has been rattling around inside my head for over 50 years. I often think of that song during this time of year.

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

We have a lot to be thankful for, so as I prepare to drive to Maine to share Thanksgiving with family, let me enumerate some of the blessings I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving season.

  • God’s love and blessings
  • A wonderful family and extended family scattered as near and as far as New Hampshire, Maine, Virginia, Florida, California, Romania and Poland.
  • A vast network of friends in virtually every one of our 50 states and dozens of nations.
  • The opportunity to work in a profession that gives me great joy and satisfaction
  • The client companies and candidates that make my work such a delight
  • The men and women who serve in our armed forces – both at home and abroad
  • The privilege of living in a country that gives me the freedom to enjoy all of the above
  • The opportunity to live in Boston – one of the greatest cities in the world!
  • The joy of being a Boston sports fan at a time when the Boston Red Sox are World Series Champions, the New England Patriots are undefeated, the Boston Celtics are setting the standard for excellence in the NBA and even the Bruins are winning more than they are losing!
  • The chance to share with readers of The White Rhino Report my thoughts, opinions and observations.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Don’t forget - before you fall asleep tonight - to count your blessings.

God bless!

Al

1 comment:

Tony said...

Dear Al:

Thank you for bringing GRATITUDE to the forefront of my consciousness.

Happy Thanksgiving and keep up the fine contributions you make with this elegant BLOG.

Tony Lorizio