Sunday, May 11, 2008

Encouraging a New Novelist - "The Donor" by Don Perry

As a writer who is working on a number of fiction projects myself, I like to encourage other writers whenever possible. So, when I learned that Don Perry - a friend of a friend - had published his first novel, I was happy to read the book and make readers of The White Rhino Report aware of it, as well.

Perry's story is based on a fascinating premise that in receiving a transplanted heart, young Brett Allen was also received the accumulated memories and emotions of the organ donor, who had met with an untimely death during an apparent robbery of a convenience store. The narrative weaves its way through the worlds of scientific research, forensic investigation and conspiracy.

I would be remiss if I did not point out that author Perry is guilt of a few "rookie mistakes" in this, his first novel. "The Donor" could use some tighter editing and the dialogue is sometimes a bit stilted. But Perry is to be commended for offering some intriguing ideas and plot twists.

Keep writing, Don.

The book is available through Amazon.com.

Al

No comments: