Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Wall-E" - An Astonishing Work of Art


I do not bestow the word "Masterpiece" lightly; I do it exuberantly in describing Pixar's new instant classic film, "Wall-E." Had I not been motivated to want to bring my grandchildren - ages 5 and 3 - to see this computer animated offering from Disney's Pixar studios, I might never have chosen to go - and that would have been a grave error of omission. This film, while appropriate for children as young as my grandchildren - is a morality tale aimed at the mind and heart of every adult consumer on the planet.

Ty Burr of The Boston Globe - and my favorite film critic - calls it the best film of the year. I could not agree more. I commend you to Ty's full review:

Ty Burr Review

This is a film that should not be missed by anyone who loves cinema, anyone who wants to see an art form expressed at its highest level, and anyone who enjoys a well-told story. There is genius behind this project, and it is a joy and a wonder to behold the finished product. This is a robot story with a heart. There are serious themes explored here prophetically, but with a sense of whimsy and wonder that make the trip to the theater worth while - even if gas balloons to $40 a gallon!

Do not miss this film!

Al

No comments: