Thursday, April 05, 2007

Nike Is Betting on Dice-K Mania – Making a Pitch for the Japanese Fans

In one hour, Daisuke Matsuzaka – “Dice-K” in popular parlance – will hurl his first pitch in a championship game for the Boston Red Sox. Nike, which has made many millions of dollars by keeping its finger firmly on the pulse of the sports public, is expecting the Dice-K phenomenon to be huge.

My friend, Chris Tashjian, a passionate and knowledgeable Red Sox fan, just made me aware of this TV commercial that is airing on Japanese TV. It is too good not to share.

I do not think that I am overstating the case when I say that this may be the most-anticipated and most widely covered first pitch in the history of Major League Baseball. This potentially changes everything – within the microcosm of Red Sox Nation and MLB.

http://nike.jp/jdi/?id=31

Enjoy!

Al

No comments: