Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Calling All Jack Higgins Fans

I have just been introduced to the writing of Jack Higgins, so I am looking for some recommendations from fans of his who know the ins and outs of his extensive oeuvre. I just finished his latest novel, Without Mercy. I won’t review it here, other than to say it was a fascinating pastiche and weaving together of Moscow, British Intelligence, the IRA and tradecraft. I have already been told that I would enjoy his novel, Solo. I am open to other recommendations.

The genre of espionage novels is one of my guilty pleasures. I love the works of Jean Le Carre, and am saddened that he is gone and won’t be producing any more works like The Tailor of Panama or The Constant Gardener. I am a fan of Ludlum, as well as of Alan Furst.

I look forward to comments from fellow fans of espionage page-turners.

Al

No comments: