Thursday, October 28, 2010

Author Robert Kroese - Mini-Review of "The Force Is Middling in This One" + Re-Release of "Mercury Falls"


I really enjoy the writing of Rob "Diesel" Kroese. A year ago, I reviewed his "Mercury Falls."

Review of "Mercury Falls"

I have just learned from Rob that Amazon.com has re-released the book this week.

Amazon Link

I have recently finished reading his most recent release, "The Force is Middling in This One (And Other Ruminations from the Outskirts of the Empire)." The book is a wonderful amalgamation of previously published postings from his Blog - MattressPolice.com. The subject matter is an eclectic potpourri that left me laughing. A good example is his piece on how absurdly unsingable is the Christmas Carol, "The First Noel." I quote Kroese:

"If it were not for 'Hey Jude,' old Noel would still be on the hook for Most Needless Repetition of a Name in a Song." (Page 193)

His rant about not testing shampoo on animals will make your hair stand on end! I loved his piece on Spam being found on the Periodic Chart of elements.

If you like the sardonic humor of Christopher Moore, the Kroese is your cup of tea.

Enjoy!

Al

1 comment:

robkroese said...

Thank you for your kind words and continued support, Al!