Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Fond Farewell To Bill Reagan - An Esteemed Member of the Extended White Rhino Family


My good friend, Bill Reagan, has recently been laid to rest in the Massachusetts National Cemetery in Bourne.  That infectious smile so beautifully captured in the picture above will be missed by family and friends alike.  The world knew Bill as the inventor and founding CEO of LoJack Corporation.  I will always remember him as friend, trusted sounding board, advisor and raconteur extraordinaire.  Bill could tell stories like no else else I know.  Dozen of those memorable tales are rattling around in my brain even now as I pen these words in memory of my friend.  We shared many hours in his living room in Wellesley sharing drinks, tall tales, flying stories, quips and Latin quotations.

Let me share with you part of an e-mail that I sent to Bill's widow, Genevieve, and to his son-in-law, Todd Hendrix, when I learned of Bill's death. 

"Reading the wonderful account of his life filled me with memories of many hours listening to his stories - of Senators Saltonstall and Kennedy, flying P-3's, inspecting factories, bringing Lo-Jack into being and quoting Plotinus!  We sometimes would swap Latin phrases!  He was a wonderful friend and a man who left van indelible imprint on everyone and everything he touched. 

God bless."

 "Clear skies and fair winds", my friend.  You are already missed.

I encourage you to read the full obituary that ran this week in the Boston Globe:

Bill Reagan Bosotn Globe Obituary

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous!