An exciting Boston-based start-up in the field of on-line adaptive learning needs to hire a personal assistant/bookkeeper. The position is initially part-time - 25-30 hours per week with benefits. The ideal candidate must be extremely well organized, professional and articulate, have a valid driver's license. Previous basic bookkeeping experience is a plus.
This position can evolve into a full-time role with greater responsibilities, leading to Chief of Staff or similar role. This could be ideal for the spouse of a Boston area graduate student, or someone wanting to return to the workforce at a less than full-time schedule.
- Handle expense management for senior executives
- Process monthly bills
- Organize and maintain personal calendars
- Personal shopping as needed
- Handle routine errands, including dry cleaning, groceries, etc.
- Assist in coordinating conferences including flights, hotels, etc.
- Dependable, professional demeanor with strong verbal and written communication skills:
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Self-starter who is able to prioritize and organize work flow
- Ability to drive to multiple locations in the Boston area as needed
- Can-do attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Quick Books or equivalent a plus