Monday, February 11, 2013

LinkedIn Reaches 200 Million Members - My Small Role in That Horde





Al, congratulations!
You have one of the top 1% most viewed LinkedIn profiles for 2012.
LinkedIn now has 200 million members. Thanks for
playing a unique part in our community!


My day began with a pleasant surprise as I scanned through the e-mails that had come in overnight.  The message I have attached above greeted me.  I had no idea that LinkedIn had been so effective in making the world aware of The White Rhino.
The full text of their e-mail continued . . .
Hello,
Recently, LinkedIn reached a new milestone: 200 million members. But this isn't just our achievement to celebrate — it's also yours.
I want to personally thank you for being part of our community. Your journey is part of our journey, and we're delighted and humbled when we hear stories of how our members are using LinkedIn to connect, learn, and find opportunity.
All of us come to work each day focused on our shared mission of connecting the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. We're excited to show you what's next.
With sincere thanks,
Deep Nishar, 
Senior Vice President, Products & User Experience

I use LinkedIn in a variety of ways. I see it as a great tool that continues to evolve in may positive directions.  You may want to take time right now to spruce up your LinkedIn Profile so you can use it to maximize advantage.
If you could use some professional advice in knowing how to optimize LinkedIn, I commend to you this book by my friend, Dave Gowel, "The Power in a Link - Open Doors, Close Deals and Change the Way You Do Business Using LinkedIn."



LinkedIn.Reaches 200million Members

No comments: