Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Different View From Iraq

In yesterday's posting, I mentioned Lt. Colonel Jim Bullion, who has recently returned from leading troops in Iraq. Jim shared with me a recent e-mail from an Iraqi friend. Eba's message of hope and appreciation is such a stark departure from what we are accustomed to reading in the mainstrain media, that I was prompted to ask Jim's permission to share Eba's sentiments with the readers of this Blog. Eba's message to Jim appears below just as it was sent from Iraq a few days ago. Eba's allusion to "purple fingers" refers to the means of identifying registered voters during the recent elections in Iraq.

* * * * * *

Dear friends,

From the country of purple fingers I send you this letter to tell that all the pride I feel now that I have you to thank for, in spite of all the sadness seems to be in the media, there is a large space for new hope that all Iraqis can feel, and this could not be real without your help. I want to tell you that it has been a real honor serving with you, and meeting you. My most wonderful memories are with you, we shared laughs, meals, small secrets, and we shared something that will never die which is building a new free Iraq. You will always be in my heart.

I want you all to know that you will always have me as a friend here. I am sure that all Iraqis will soon be thankful to you for what you accomplished here.
Please remember me when you light your feast candles and let me in your prayers because I will be with each one of you by my soul. I wish you the best in every thing you do. May all the blessings from Allah come to you and we pray for a blessed New Year inshalla. Please give my kind regards to all your families.

Your friend

Eba



No comments: